How do I maintain the seasoning on my Carbon Steel Wok?Updated 3 months ago
Our Carbon Steel Wok does come pre-seasoned so it is ready to use right out of the box. But the more you cook with it, the stronger and more naturally nonstick it will become.
Here are the steps on how to build and maintain your Wok’s seasoning:
- After cooking with your wok, wash it by hand, and then thoroughly towel dry, to prevent rusting.
- Place the wok over medium heat on your stovetop.
- Using the towel or paper towel, apply a thin layer of the seasoning wax all over the inside of the wok.
- Continue rubbing it evenly all over the inside of the wok until you’ve soaked up the excess. There shouldn’t be any visible wax or oil remaining. The wok should appear dry—and not shiny, greasy, or wet.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
A properly seasoned wok should feel smooth to the touch. If you notice rough, uneven, or sticky patches, you may need to scrub those away with a sponge and apply a new layer of seasoning. For all cooking and cleaning tips for your Carbon Steel Wok, visit the Wok Use & Care Page.